 CAD / 13510
Re: LDraw.org 2005-01 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:20:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Chris Dee wrote:
The 2005-01 LDraw parts update has been now been released.

woo-hoo!

Thanks for putting this update together, Chris!

Although we started the process of implementing the LDraw Contributor Agreement
(CA) at the start of 2005, no decision has been made on how to organise the
existing parts library to split the parts covered by the CA from those created
by authors who have failed to respond to our many attempts to contact them in
this regard.

Just to be painfully clear on this point, does the update include/exclude non-CA
files?  Or did you ignore CA-ness completely?

Steve

I ignored CA-ness completely and there are definitely parts in this update from
authors who have not affirmed the CA - just like there are in the rest of the
official library. There seemed little point holding those back until we divide
the whole library.

Chris

could the SteerCo please pronounce about the direction it will take on this
topic? is there an author who did explicitly disagree to the CA or are we just
talk about people you couldn't trace back? I for example tried to contact
Steffen and Ronald Scott Moody several times but never got reply. IMHO some
legal advice how ldraw.org should act in this case would be helpful.

BTW there is still Peter Watts on the list of authors who have not yet affirmed
the CA:

http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=356

but I know for sure that he has agreed in July after I had contacted him through
fbtb.net. is the list up to date?

bye, w.