 CAD / 13403
Re: Project looking for a camel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:35:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dan Boger wrote:
   Anyone want to help a small open-source project? The Catalyst1 project is looking for a logo. Specifically, they’re looking for a LEGO camel:

Here’s the request on the list2:

The way I see it, there’s three ways we can gain access to a winged lego camel:
  • We get someone to build one out of actual lego’s and we get a photo

  • We get someone to draw one, either by hand or via computer

  • We get someone to render one in 3d via open-gl or something
So, anyone up to the challenge?

LMK if you’re interested!

Dan

1 http://catalyst.perl.org/ 2 http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2005-November/002265.html

Here’s my attempt.

<>

Rendered in Open Source, and released in an open format too ;)

Tim

Re: Project looking for a camel
Rendered in Open Source, and released in an open format too ;)

Cool :)  Could you post the DAT/POV files, so I could render it from a different
POV?

Thanks!

Dan

Re: Project looking for a camel
Rendered in Open Source, and released in an open format too ;)

Cool :) Could you post the DAT/POV files, so I could render it from a different POV?

Thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan,

MPD is here. The POV files have lots of dependencies so aren’t easy to upload but if you find a preferable view you can send me the look_at, location and camera_angle information and I can do a render with the same setting with the new camera settings.

Tim

Re: Project looking for a camel
Rendered in Open Source, and released in an open format too ;)

Cool :) Could you post the DAT/POV files, so I could render it from a different POV?

Thanks!

Dan

Hi Dan,

MPD is here. The POV files have lots of dependencies so aren’t easy to upload but if you find a preferable view you can send me the look_at, location and camera_angle information and I can do a render with the same setting with the new camera settings.

Tim

Sorry to reply to my own post. I sniffed around the thread at catalyst and changed the angle and altered the design (borrowing liberally from http://staff.science.uva.nl/~leo/lego/camel.html).

here

Tim