 CAD / 13191
Re: attn Jake/TLC/whoever, about Lego Digital Designer file format/SDK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:21:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Larry Whitman wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
When Lego Digital Designer was first announced/released, the community was
told that the file format specs or a SDK so that people can read and write
the LDD files would be made available.
What is the status on this?

I am sure that if this was to happen, someone would come up with a way to
use LDRAW (e.g. mlcad etc) to build models that would then be converted
into LDD files (and checked against the available palette) for use on the
Lego Factory website.

I'm already on this issue.  After last night's (Sat 13th) annoucement regarding
LEGO factory, I'm looking to at least pull Jake aside to talk while I'm still
hear at Brickfest.

-Orion

So, did you talk to Jake and hear anything? I spoke to him briefly about it and
told him you would be asking him about it. I think a conversion tool would be
extremely beneficial. Although, it sounds like they are updating elements on a
frequent basis and matching the versions might be difficult.

Larry W.

Yes I did.  As usual Jake was thinking about 10 steps ahead of me and gave me a
lot of food for thought.  The Steering Committee will be discussing these
thoughts and will keeep you posted (this will however be delayed a bit due to my
in progress move to Hawaii).

-Orion