 CAD / 12366
Re: Software installation problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 03:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ludo Soete wrote:
   Hi all,

I got recently a harddisc (C:) problem and needed to replace all my programs. So i uploaded the latest Ldraw027.exe and Complete.exe Installed both as explained on LDRAW.ORG. No problems at all

But i want to install following programs too:

L3PAO L3P POV

Where should i install them to have a smooth operation of all programs, and not having to look all my drives for the needed files.

I have now following installations done: MLCAD in C:mlcad\MLCadV3.00MLCAD.exe POV in “C:Program FilesPOV-Ray for Windows v3.5bin\pvengine.exe” L3PAO in “C:Program FilesL3PAO\L3PAO.exe”

Now L3PAO (V1.3.6) tells me that it can’t find POV! If i render now a file with POV (select the .pov file manualy) then it renders only the custom stickers on the model! All bricks, plates , ... are ignored!

snip

Whats going wrong? Is there some decent information available on how to install all this software to prevent problems like the ones i encounter now?

Thanks a lot, Ludo

Why not give the LDraw All In One Installer a try it allows you to install all the software above and more all in one place and at one time. =)

http://www.ldraw.org/article/104

-AHui LDraw Help Desk