 CAD / 11730
Re: LEGO Digital Designer 1.2 Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 10:35:56 GMT

I had tried that previously without any luck.  I just tried it again to make
sure.  When I use the Preference tool to select Low Spec LDD will invoke.  I
get the inital black screen as LDD switches to full screen mode then the LDD
splash screen with the version number and the "loading" message.  After that
the full screen mode goes away and I have the following open in IE:

http://www.lego.com/eng//create/digitaldesigner/default.asp

My laptop (Toshiba Tecra 9000) has an S3 Graphics SuperSavage/IXC graphics
card in it and all of the drivers are up to date.  I have DirectX 9
installed, could that be the problem?

Any other ideas?

Mike

I know what the problem is now, you don't have any bricksets installed. The page
it takes you to should have some brickset installers on but hasn't been updated
yet - I'll raise it as a QA issue.

To get them download the internet installers from here (for Make and Create):

http://cache.lego.com/downloads/create/digitaldesigner/install/2_13_13775/MakeAndCreate/setup.exe

and here (for Pick A Brick):

http://cache.lego.com/downloads/create/digitaldesigner/install/2_13_13775/000016PAB2004LEGOLAND/setup.exe

What probably happened is the brickset install kicked off after the product
installed but you cancelled it. The mechanism for getting bricksets isn't
perfect at the moment - we'll certainly be working on it.

--
Marc