 CAD / 11621
    Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required. —Dan Boger
   (...) There's a difference between supporting POV inline (which is not controlled in the community) and supporting LCD info (which could be integrated into the DAT format). I'd like to see programs support both options - both as an external .lcd (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

        Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required. —Jason S. Mantor
   (...) I agree, but in the short term, I think seperate files may be simpler. (...) I thought so too, but the format document (way at the bottom) implies that this might be undesirable. I'm not sure I understand why, though : ( (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

        Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required. —Daniel Bennett
   (...) I do indeed think it would be undesirable. As we all know Stud.dat gets used every ware. There are a fair few instances were the clicking behaviours of two bricks would be different even though they are both referencing the same stud.dat file (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

        Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required. —Jason S. Mantor
   I guess I'm thinking about this differently. It's not that the individual studs on the brick don't allow other mating angles. (IE you can place a 1 x 6 technic plate with rounded ends on any single stud at some funcky angles) It's the combination of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

        Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required. —Ross Crawford
     (...) Note also that a 1x4 brick can be attached to a 2x4 brick anywhere on about 70-80 degree angle if only attached by the end stud - its only the other studs hitting the sides that restrict it. ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

        Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required. —Daniel Bennett
   (...) I have tried to accommodate these sorts of behaviours in two ways: Priority and override. If two parts have different behaviours like a "dot" and a "Brick" the one that is moved to form the connection is the one that takes priority. If you (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

        Re: New LDraw based editor... GLIDE. Click authors required. —Daniel Bennett
   I should point out that priority and override are features of GLIDE and are not explicitly specified in the format. (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)