 CAD / 11561
Re: ldraw newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
Thanks,

I was just moving bricks around the screen with the mouse; I hadn't reallized
you could manually change the values.  I tried putting together a minfig and
this was much worse--I just couldn't get the arms to look right with the torso
and then the hands in the arm sockets.  And this was with the arms straight down
at the fig's side, not trying to pose or anything.  Is there any secret to this,
or is this just something that will come with practice?  As it is I'm dreading
the thought of trying to actually pose some figs in a virtual diorama.

Bruce

I am a Mlcad user, but here are some guidelines that might also work on macs.

When it comes to minifigs, it is wise to use some minifig generator to put them
together.

Other than that, using the mouse you must be aware of part rotation points,  how
to select several parts while keeping the same rotation point and how to set and
re-set the rotation point.

Using the keyboard, it helps lots to understand rotation vectors and, if
possible, rotation matrices (the POVray help file has a quick'n'dirty
explanation).

I hope it helps

Cheers