 CAD / 11517
11516  |  11518
Subject:
META-command System For Creating Minifigs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:07:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
For cross platform compatibiliy, since I can't write a GUI, I have to parse META
commands.  Here's an example:

0 LDDPMINIFIGGEN HEAD 3626B 14 45

This would output a minifig with the standard smily head, color 14, and rotated
45 degrees on the Y axis and all the other parts with built in defaults.

If there is a universally working* META-command system for creating minifigs, be
it LDAO's, LDDPMINIFIGGEN or any other, I'd like to push for it to be more or
less an official standard. As I haven't been that engaged in this side of LCad,
I am anything but up-to-date on the status. For me, it has been like reinventing
the wheel each time I wnat to LDraw a minifig.

*) With universally working, I don't mean supported by every LCad program, but
working for every normal use of minifigs, like with or without neckware.

/Tore