 CAD / 11290
  Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

I've been seeing various bionicle parts pop up in this brickshelf gallery, but I've never seen posts on lugnet or any contact info from Hadee. Anyone know if these are available some where or how to contact the author ? -JSM (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

I've gotten a couple of replies from people who might work on some Bionicle parts if they didn't think they'd be wasting their time or duplicating efforts. Here's a question : Would bionicle parts be allowed on the ldraw.org parts tracker ? (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) Well I can't really answer that but I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be. I would love for someone to create ldraw files for some of the parts in the Bohrok line so I can finally make instructions for my (URL) destroyer droid>. J (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) I think it would depend mostly on how well they're designed. The images you cited look more like gamer graphics (rough 3D geometrics covered with "skins" to fill in all of the more specific details), but LDraw is more about fully-functional (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) they seem to post there a fair bit. ROSCO (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) (URL) look odd on the BS thumb, just click to real file) here is his profile with his contact info (URL) is currently taking a short break till about the end of May from BZP, but I am sure he is still checking his email. HTH Mark P (URL) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) Yes, if they are genuine Lego parts then of course they would be accepted. The limiting factor would be reviewers with enough familiarity with the parts to certify them. Chris (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where can I get these cool 3d Bionicle Parts ?

(...) Yes of course, because all Lego plastic-parts are expected to be virtual available. But these parts are complex and not everybody has them in his/her collection. So part-authors for such parts are welcome. Znap and other not so much liked (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)