 CAD / 10224
Re: LDD Introductions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:04:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chuck Sommerville wrote:
   I can’t believe nobody has replied to this yet!

I am excited about this new software. I downloaded it and tried it out.

The only problem I had was the bitmap versions of the parts inventory on the right of the screen did not render properly. At least that is what I think they were. When I clicked on them, they selected parts I could build with, but I couldn’t tell what the menu icons were. They were just random noise.

-Chuck

Actually, I replied about a week and a half ago or so in a different post.

I’ll reiterate the key points here to be helpful.

I’m glad to see that you’ve finally released a public beta. I am disappointed that the program use the binary form of the LXF files. I would have liked to see the new LXF format in ASCII.

I lothe programs that force full screen mode.

There’s also my usual the usual gripe about exe vs. zip installation. I’m somewhat of a control freak when it comes to installing file onto my computer, but I’ll never win this argument as too many people aren’t as computer savvy to be able to do a manual installation.

On the positive side, I like the color selection and the snap to existing pieces features.

I also like the way the stacking of bricks is handled.

Collision detection! this, in and of itself, is a compelling reason to use this program once and a while.

Thanks again to TLC for involving us in this project.

-Orion

This program is looking good and I’m looking forward to the full release.

--Orion