 Boats / 83
82  |  84
Subject:
New Steam Launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 05:55:42 GMT

Hi all,

Just a quick troll for comments:  I have new pictures of my
rowboat-based Steam Lanuch (circa 1890-1920)--let me know what you
think.  (Granted, it's not just for pirates, but at least they can stand
in it without having the mast whap them in the rear end...not that
pirates necessarily mind a spanking now and then, but this is a family
forum.)  I wonder what others have produced for ship's boats, other than
simply keeping rowboats unadulterated?  I've found that these look good
as the "captain's boat" for small cruisers, and as little puttering
boats for harbour scenes.

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/Steamlaunch-1.jpg
http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/Steamlaunch-2.jpg

If you want to see the steam launch sitting on a ship, Albemarle had a
slightly earlier (my time--slightly later in terms of what it's
representing) version amidships during the latter stages of its "life."
See it at:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/albemarle.html

about halfway down.

best

Lindsay

PS:  The battleships will have a large steam launch based upon the
6-wide boat pieces; but that's in the future...both for me and for
.pirates ... I have new autogyro and carrier biplane .jpgs as well, but
those are highly unpiratical by any stretch of the imagination.  ;)