 Announcements / MOCPages™ / 20
19  |  21
Subject:
A whole new MOCpages - Coming in 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.mocpages
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 20:03:49 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi everyone!

I’ve been hard at work on a whole new set of coolness for MOCpages. Everything’s nearly ready and I wanted to give you a sneak preview of what’s coming. (Some pictures below, and lots more to read at http://www.mocpages.com/about/2009/)

Moving past the realm of online sharing, MOCpages is dipping its toes into the world of social networking. It’s been a long time coming, especially since for the past year, members have been pushing the boundaries of what’s possible on MOCpages. (Have you seen MOCtag or the MOC Olympics ?) Folks have been itching to chat, collaborate, run contests, form clubs, etc.

So I’m SUPER happy to say that soon MOCpages will provide a way for you to collaborate on projects, stay updated, skip the junk and get to the cool stuff, track your favorite builders, join groups, create contests, ... and of course, share your LEGO creations. I’ve also taken major steps to overhaul the commenting and rating systems, which have been a frequent source of rudeness.

One of the other major goals of these changes is to keep MOCpages friendly for both adults and children ... keeping childish people from bothering adults, and keeping adults from being too standoffish to kids.

All in all, over 50 new features - big & small. And still 100% free.

Sneak preview

Sean
- - -
Sean Kenney