 Announcements / MOCPages™ / 19
18  |  20
Subject:
Happy 5th Birthday, MOCpages!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.mocpages
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:12:27 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello, everyone!

MOCpages turns 5 years old today! I can’t believe it...

Turn back the clock to 2003... Content sharing communities like flickr and youtube didn’t even exist. Blogging was around, but not really mainstream yet... Social networking was the hot new thing (remember Friendster??). When MOCpages came on the scene, we didn’t even know what it was -- it was sort of like blogging, sort of like “web hosting”, sort of like community...

Here’s my original announcement, LUGNET post, “MOCpages is here”. (OK, yes, I launched a few days early...)

Now, 53,000 LEGO creations later, MOCpages is one of the busiest LEGO communities on the web. Almost 45,000 people visit every DAY, and that number is always going up. I want to thank everyone out there who uses MOCpages for making it what it is. I put the framework in place, but MOCpages would be nothing without all the awesome creations!

It’s come a long way ... (Click to enlarge)

I can’t believe it’s been 5 years. :) (Gets me a little choked up, actually.) :)

Feelin’ nostalgic,
Sean
-
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/1