 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 813
812  |  814
Subject:
MOC Town Display: VELUX Village (Steenhuizen)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.nl
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 22:48:31 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This was the first time a company (VELUX Netherlands) asked me to plan,
design and build an exhibition display of LEGO bricks.

This display (1.30 x 1.80 m) shows a town with a variety of building types,
demonstrating VELUX roof windows in different ways.

As you may know, LEGO and VELUX already have a history together. Both
companies are Danish by origin and world-wide by scope. Also VELUX had LEGO
produce a special set some years ago.

The display is now (3-8 February 2003) on show at the Internationale
Bouwbeurs (International convention for the building industry) in Utrecht,
the Netherlands. After that, it will be in the entry hall of VELUX
Netherlands in De Meern, near Utrecht.

So if you're around, come by :-) Or have a look at preliminary pictures at
LEGO ON MY MIND:

http://home.zonnet.nl/ericbrok/legomind
Select from menu: Models/Buildings/West-end Steenhuizen

More pics and descriptions will follow.. sometime later. I first need a good
rest now after 6 weeks of intense town planning :-)

Eric