 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 748
747  |  749
Subject:
Playing with scale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:23:48 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

All:

Well, after building some tiny NYC landmarks, I decided to make some tiny
cars to go with them.

Tiny cars:

(They're all about 2x4 studs.)  I made models of some of the minifig-scale
cars I have in my city.  Namely: taxicabs, a police car, a bus, an SUV, a
cargo van, a '62 VW Microbus, and a limo.  All of this has tempted me to
start a whole city in microfig scale!   I've built a prototype of a 4-story
"walkup" building that is 7 studs wide and 15 studs tall, and I like the way
that came out, so you'll probably see a lot more "mini" from me in the future :)

For those of you that missed the post, I also added a mini Chrysler Building
to my collection of mini NYC landmarks:

In keeping with my wacky-scale-antics of late, I've also posted some
pictures of "Scale X" lego bricks that I made.  (Lego pieces 10 times their
normal size).  The pieces I found to be the most interesting to model were a
control stick, a walkie-talkie, an inverted slope, and a 1x2/1x4 bracket,
among others.

Mega-Lego:

Happy building.

Sean