 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 573
    The Ten Plagues —Brendan Powell Smith
   The Brick Testament celebrates its first year online with an update of biblical proportions: The Ten Plagues. (URL) Rev. Brendan Powell Smith (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient) !!

        Re: The Ten Plagues —Bruce Hietbrink
   Hey Brendan, Wow! Big update. I'll go through more later, but I just looked through the plague of the frogs. -Very cute. How many of those frogs do you have? -I love them getting into everything. Sometimes they are in places without studs. Did you (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

        Re: The Ten Plagues —Brendan Powell Smith
   (...) You know, I never bothered to count. @8^) Suffice it to say, a lot. It started last Christmas when my girlfriend, knowing I'd eventually illustrate the Plague of Frogs, ordered me 10 LEGO frogs on Bricklink. It took a few more Bricklink (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

        Re: The Ten Plagues —Bruce Hietbrink
     (...) I have been. Some comments: First Plague (River into Blood): The red river is especially effective. I also like in the background of this photo: (URL) use of the lightsaber rod for a stream of blood. Also the bench in this picture: (URL) a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

         Re: The Ten Plagues —Brendan Powell Smith
     (...) If only I had enough trans red to cover the whole river! @8^) I was happy with the way the plain red river came out, though. Even in LEGO, there's just something eerie about the look or a river running red. (...) The lightsaber was a last (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

         Re: The Ten Plagues —Bruce Hietbrink
     (...) I agree that it's pretty much impossible to do this without cheating. One thing I though of was that you could build a fairly detailed mosquito at a larger scale, something like: (URL) then take a photo of this and in Photoshop cut it out and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

        Re: The Ten Plagues —Bruce Hietbrink
   Continued: Sixth (boils): Again, I kind of thought this was cheating. I do like that they actually bulge out though. Interesting octagonal building in the background during Moses and God's conversation. I'd like to see clearer pictures of that. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

        Re: The Ten Plagues —Brendan Powell Smith
   (...) Yep, more cheating. But how else does one show boils? I suppose I could have used fire to actually change the shape of the plastic on the minifigs, and that would have made is still be all-LEGO. But burning LEGO seems like such a sacrilege. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)