 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 504
  New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

Ross has been at it again: (URL) yellow hopper is modeled after an HO Peabody hopper that was given to Ross as a boy-- he carried it everywhere. Then he built red and black versions. The micro-tank is the influence of Dan Siskind and the video game (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  Re: New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

Amazing! He is really good at getting details in those small scale models. (The 2 wide layout is very clever). I think the hopper works best in yellow. Dark gray coould be a great color for the hoppers, too. Cheers -- Carsten Straaberg, Denmark (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

(...) Awesome hoppers! I love the ladders on the sides. Brilliant use for levers, and not as bulky as some other methods. One question though; what is the part he used for the brake wheels on the hoppers? Is it an official part or a mutilated one? (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

(...) Mutilating is such a harsh word;-) What he actually did was to simply remove the wheel from the car steering wheel element and attached it onto a section of flexible technic tubing. We need a ruling as to whether or not that constitutes (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

(...) Looks really good! But maybe you should use a more even background (like a big piece of white or light grey board) cos the pics are a bit busy now; there is too much going on (IMHO). I used the reflecting floor for some renderings ( (URL) and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.build)

  Re: New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

(...) Oh...Perfect!!! Now I know what to do with my future freight cars. (...) I'm assuming this is from the older (early 90s) sets? I've never seen an instruction booklet with that. They've always been at the right lengths right out of the box. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

(...) Some Technic sets require the cutting of flex tubing. This page of Set 8459 - Pneumatic Front End Loader instructions shows what the various lengths are needed to cut the long pieces included in the box into: (URL) Bob (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

(...) Ah, but that's the softer pneumatic pipes, not the harder flex-system tubing. (Although they could be the same now, as I haven't seen a pneumatic set since they introduced double-acting cylinders). Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOCs: hoppers, cars, microtank

(...) Yep. The mutilation is not the tubing cutting, it is in taking the wheel off the car steering wheel part as the nub on the base is heat formed to hold the wheel on, it's not intended to be removed. But that wheel is so useful, I heartily (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)