 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4594
4593  |  4595
Subject:
Floating steampunk train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2011 17:40:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello,

During the French Comic Con / JapanExpo event at Paris this last week-end, we (FreeLUG members) presented a Steampunk layout, with suspended floating rocks.

That was the first part of the challenge.

The second part was to add a train track across the rocks, with a running train (with PFS and IR-controlled)

And the result :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPtV19A3Xxg

A metallic structure has been specially made for this layout, and the floating rocks and the ships were suspended with fishing lines. Five members participated to this collaborative layout.

We had also a huge reproduction of Hogwarts Castle (only a part of the MOC was presented), two StarWars layouts (battle on Naboo and Hoth), a stopmotion demo and some Technic creations.

More pictures and videos : http://photos.freelug.org/main.php/v/brickerik/expositions/2011/japanexpo/