 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4461
4460  |  4462
Subject:
Festival of the Masters 2009 & my MOC: Wizard of Oz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 21:55:22 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

GFLUG participated in the 2009 Festival of the Masters in Downtown Disney (Orlando, FL) in front of the LEGO Imagination Center last weekend (Nov. 13th - 15th). This year’s theme for building our creations was “Legends and Icons”.

This year, we had over 20 people from Florida displaying MOCs & 3 guests (Scott Lyttle from GA, Joe Meno from NC, and Jenn Wagner from Canada). This year’s list of MOCs included, iconic trains, Stongehenge, a globe, mosaics of logos (LEGO, Apple, NASA, Mickey Mouse), large minfig of Buzz Lightyear, train guy, & Santa, Yoda sculpture, large mosaics of Tinker Bell & Jessica Rabbit, Nautilus from Disney’s 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Lincoln Memorial, Statue of Liberty, Star Wars blasters & other iconic Sci-Fi weapons, iconic weapons/tools from Legend of Zelda, the Tardis, an iMac, the Taj Mahal, an American classic drive-in (with black-n-white movie playing), Wall-E, Ghostbuster’s Headquarters, Space Shuttle, Felix’s iconic creations, classic rides from Walt Disney World, (for a short time) the brickini, the Wizard of Oz, and others that I’m probably forgetting (sorry if I do).

The master builder, Dan, was on-site to build a Buzz Lightyear. And in front of the old Adventurer’s Club, a LEGO mosaic of Buzz Lightyear & Woody was constructed with help from the public.

Our club held our 2nd annual LEGO Boat Race with many surprises this year! And master builder Dan was in attendance the for the boat race & pizza party.

Photos of my MOC, The Wizard of Oz:

Photos of the Wizard of Oz MOC.

My photos from 2009 Festival of the Masters.

Joe Meno’s 2009 Festival of the Masters photos.

Moctagon Jones’s 2009 Festival of the Masters photos.

--Mike.