 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4435
Subject:
Fix the cigarette lighter!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:41:18 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello!

Being a non-smoker myself I couldn’t care less about the cigarette lighter, though. There are other problems that I’d rather see fixed. I tried to, but I failed. So I show it with the problems still present. (pics = links)

The aforementioned problems are as follows:
It all started with the idea how I could possibly render the headlights. So I worked a few hours on the front part of the car, with the project constantly and increasingly being at the brink of being cancelled. Finally I came to this, but the thing was too wide for Minifig-scale!

And it turned out that the wheels that I had choosen were far too small for this car. It needed larger tyres, which in the end led to the whole car being out of Minifig-scale. Anyway.

The bigger problem is that the engine bonnet is too high for 1 plate height. This leads to a disturbing in the force... no the line of the car’s silhouette. I tried to chose a camera angle which makes it not all too noticeable:

Other smaller problems like no glass and not a correct rendering of the scratched off emblems of the Mount Prospect City Police Dept. I just neglegted, resp. tried a Lego-puristic solution.And after all, the most important thing is: It was a bargain. And it’s got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It’s got cop tyres, cop suspension, cop shocks. It’s a model made before catalytic convertes so it’ll run good on regular gas. So what do you say?

Bye
Jojo

Re: Fix the cigarette lighter!