 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4408
4407  |  4409
Subject:
Summer's Bridge Study 24
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:58:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

It’s been a while but I’m back. And now that it is officially summer, what better way to kick things off than with a summer study- Study 24.

Not the longest or tallest bridge (H=24.5”, L=73”), it is the first to really use schleim/SNOT not just for aesthetics but structurally too.

Study 24 is also the first bridge to use a real floater system like real bridges do. Eight (four under each roadway) are holding it all up.

And the schleim/SNOT technique- check out all those 2x2x3 steep sloped set upside down. (I’ll add some more pics of how I did this later.)

For more pics please check out the Flickr page (sorry- quit using BricksShelf last year)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74791990@N00/sets/72157620270278726/

Adr.