 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4208
4207  |  4209
Subject:
The Brick Testament - The Temple of Yahweh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 19:59:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

WARNING: This post contains links to MOCs illustrating subject matter that may be considered inappropriate for children.

The Brick Testament website has been updated today with four new illustrated Bible stories covering the two most famous building projects from the reign of King Solomon. First and foremost is the Temple of Yahweh. The Bible says it took Solomon’s 153,600 forced laborers seven years to construct the original, while my LEGO rendition took me about a month. By my math, that makes me a considerably more efficient builder (but what do you expect from foreign slave labor, am I right?), but it’s up to you to judge whether I’ve captured even a fraction of the original’s glory. Of course, the original was destroyed 2,500 years ago, and nobody thought to take any photos, so good luck with that. Then, of course, there’s Solomon’s royal palace, which he spent nearly twice as long building and almost no one remembers. Both can be seen in these four new stories:

The Temple of Yahweh, Ark Brought Into Temple, Solomon’s Palace, God Threatens Violence.

Here’s a few preview images:

Enjoy,

-The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith
The Brick Testament - The world’s largest, most comprehensive illustrated Bible