 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4112
  new moc: water tower house

i vowed to myself to post this before the new year. i have berated fellow lug members for not posting their new mocs but then i distinctly heard mr. pot calling to mr. kettle, something about the colour black. back in april i completed a new moc, (...) (16 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, FTX) !!

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) snipped (...) Finally... But where are the pictures with the cows? Jude (16 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

In lugnet.build.arch, Jude Beaudin wrote: <snip> (...) I did! Live and now here! It's a beautiful building. The Missus saw it at the last show and she loved it, too! (...) Yes--what this thread needs is more cow (bell)!!! Dave K (16 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) I saw this the other day when I was randomly flicking through BrickShelf. I must say, that is a magnificent building! I look forward to viewing the additional photos of the furniture within the building. Very impressive - spotlighted! A Happy (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) cows? there were no cows near anything as sophisticated as my mocs? i did not allow cows to invade my "space"! although i know some who tried valiantly. -§ deborah §- (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) thank you, dave! you always have such kind words for fellow o.b.b.-ers. and i think you're getting mixed mocs, the cowbell was in the st. paul de vence tower! happy new year to you and the missus, -§ deborah §- (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) snip (...) thank you. i'm hoping to get to those photos soon, and not leaving it another 8 months. a new year's resolution which i hope to keep. -§ deborah §- (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) Excellent. As usual. Love the stair case and the chairs! When poking along through 'recent' in brickshelf and coming across this moc, I knew whose it was before looking. OK, the tower did catch me off guard for a moment, but really, I knew you (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) thanks, jonathan! your comment might make me think i'm in a rut if my work is so recognizable. course, there are some that do think i'm stuck in a rut, wink. i'm enjoying this rut, it's very comfortable. glad you enjoyed it. it was a fun (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) ooo, not implying a rut at all. Meant as a compliment. There are few builders that have a reconizable style in my opinion. You are one of them. I think it is a great quality. (...) You too! Jonathan (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

One word: A-maz-ing ! I've seen this way of curve construction before, even tried it myself (it comes as a logical conclusion to having an abundance of 1*2 bricks around for no particular use) but I couldn't imagine something so architecturally (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) no worries, i took yours as a compliment! the wink was meant for someone else who has said my style may be a bit too recognizable (read: repetitive) but i took it with the grain of salt that it probably was meant to be. -§ deborah §- (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) yes, this curve has been used for a while. i first played with it in (URL) 2001> and i've seen some afol's doing great things with it. i've also used it to teach some interesting math concepts to my students. but the most fun is making (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) How could anyone even hint that you are repetitive. I wish I had the ability to design just one of your items. If I did, I think I would sit and do it over and over. you have a real flair and your stuff is excellent. John P (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) well, i'll be sure to point out your comment to this person. i'm sure he's chuckling right now if he's reading this, as am i. not to worry, i didn't take him seriously. but thank you anyway. there is of course the possiblity that he may have (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

Oh my goodness! I really enjoyed seeing this creation! I am impressed by all the details and the overall structure. Wow. Great work....and very unusual! Thank you for the write up too, it is always fun to learn about why a builder chose to create. (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: new moc: water tower house

(...) thank you, eric. glad you enjoyed it. more to come, hopefully with less time passed. -§ deborah §- (16 years ago, 11-Jan-08, to lugnet.build.arch)