 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3938
3937  |  3939
Subject:
3 New Mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 15:59:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hehowerverllo all,

In the last few weeks I finally had some time to build again.

I built three mecha along a similar design base.
Two of them are variants of the same design, while the third is bigger and has
more structural changes.

The first two are of a design I chose to call the Cicada Killer. It's kind of a
goofy name, but Stinger,Wasp, Yellow jacket , and Venom have already been used
in the Battletech universe. I did some research on Family Hymenoptera. However
Mud dauber, Bumble bee, and Paper Wasp just didn't sound very manacing to me at
all, so I went with Cicada killer which is a type of large wasp.

Primary config

Alernate configurations B,C,D

The primary config has less armor and is Jump capable.

All variants have 4 ER Small Lasers in the Left an Right torsos

Primary Config A has 2 Streak SRM 6 Racks and 2 ER Medium Lasers for primary
Armament
Config B Has an ER PPC , LRM 5 and 2 ER Medium Lasers
Config C Has a Gauss rifle, LRM 5 and 2 ER Medium Lasers
Config D has an  ER PPC, LRM 5 and 2 Ultra Autocannon 2

The third design is actually a complete rebuild of an older much maligned (by my
friend doug anyway) design, the fidget.

It is heavier than the Cicada Killer and just a touch taller.

It has 2 SRM 6 Racks and 2 ER PPC's as its armaments.

and finally, a shot I couldn't resist taking!

-Jon