 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3460
3459  |  3461
Subject:
Optical Illusion Mosaic - Thanks Corey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mosaic
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:12:29 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Here is my version of a LEGO optical illusion mosaic:

All credit for this great design goes to Corey Sanders. This is one of several optical illusions he has created and shared with the community:

Corey’s original design uses black and white bricks. This provides the most contrast, but I avoid building much with white because of yellowing over time. Arthur Gugick has built a striking black and yellow version:

While Corey gets all credit for the design, I take all the blame for the high cost of my version. I enjoy building in less common LEGO colors, and I particularly like dark red. Using tan and dark red gives good contrast with a pleasing combination. I built the mosaic using plates rather than bricks because of cost and availability factors. The mosaic frame is planned to be brown, but I don’t have all the necessary pieces yet. The only other difference (which nobody will ever notice) is that I built the mosaic with the plates aligned in concentric square rings, rather than all horizontal rows. Don’t worry, I stopped short of aligning the “LEGO” lettering on all the studs!