 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3383
Subject:
Giant Duplo Sphinx - Weekend Build
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 18:20:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

A few of the Brickville guys spent much of our weekend building an 8 foot model
of the Great Sphinx, which will now become part of a local Lego exhibit running
here in Vancouver until September.

<http://www.brickville.ca<http://www.brickville.ca/images/sphinx-face-sml.gif>>

Click the link above, or below for some full size pictures:

<http://www.brickville.ca/images/sphinx-face-lrg.jpg>
<http://www.brickville.ca/images/sphinx-side-lrg.jpg>
<http://www.brickville.ca/images/sphinx-builders-lrg.jpg>

Some specs:
- About 95% Duplo
- Used some System brick to "smooth out" some of the curves (face, etc.)
- About 35,000 bricks
- Approximately 70 man-hours to build
- A really fun build!

Big thanks to the builders that helped me;  Scott Falez (not pictured above),
David Gagnon, and Paul Hetherington.

I'll be posting links to more pictures of this and other creations in a few
months when the exhibit wraps up.

If you're in the Vancouver, BC, Canada area in the next 4 months, come and check
out an awesome exhibit, "LEGO: Secrets Of The Pharaohs" at Science World
(Exhibit -
<http://www.scienceworld.ca/whats_on/exhibitions/featured_exh/legopharaohs.htm>,
Science World - <http://www.scienceworld.ca>).

Cheers,