 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3344
  Red lady mosaic

(2 URLs) Brickshelf link> I like mosaics. I like SNOT. The unholy combination of these two resulted in what I'll call mixed mosaics. (anyone willing to devise a witty acronym is free to do so.) Anyway. The most basic mosaics are made with the studs (...) (18 years ago, 29-Apr-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Red lady mosaic

Okay, I just finished typing the tutorial. It's long. The first mosaics will be easy, but things will get comlicated in the end. If you have questions, I'm sure you'll know where to post them. These tutorials will be text-ONLY. It assumes you have (...) (18 years ago, 29-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) Wow. ...wow. WOW! I've never even thought of doing such a thing! And I wouldn't have guessed what a huge difference it would make in the implied resolution. (...) Hoh, yes! You MUST! Are you sure it's possible? (...) Ah! You rock. It makes me (...) (18 years ago, 29-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

Wow, that is very impressive! I will begin searching for castle applications ;) God Bless, Nathan Visit my brickshelf gallery: (URL) (pic=link) (18 years ago, 30-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) To be honest, I was surprised as well! The only drawback I've noticed so far is that drawings are more effective than photos, since they have larger areas of uniform colors. (...) Mathematically, it all fits. The only thing that's stopping me (...) (18 years ago, 30-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

WOW, Brilliant! e (18 years ago, 30-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) snip Peer, Thanks for creating this tutorial, the technique is very interesting. The tutorial covers well the one step from your original post that I wasn't sure of, letting the computer decide which orientation is best for each section. You (...) (18 years ago, 30-Apr-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) Wow this is REALLY REALLY cool. I'm in the process of building a mosaic using plates on their sides (studs pointing upwards). I'm not done yet, but the pattern on the plan I created (using Bricksaic) could be better. It's not Bricksaic's fault (...) (18 years ago, 1-May-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) Well... I did my own interesting style (I called it just a SNOT-mosaic) back in Dec 2002: (URL) does not "mix" studs out and sideways bricks... but the technique is similar to what you've proposed here. You are correct, the techniques do work (...) (18 years ago, 1-May-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) Peer, that is fantastic. I actually thought about this two years ago -- but I'm not a mosaic builder, and I need to use my computer programming time for things other than play. You actually did it, and you did a fantastic job of it! (...) (18 years ago, 2-May-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) If you'd mail me the picture I may be able to give some pointers or create a plan for you... unless you want to do it all by yourself, of course. (...) Well, the thing is... the whole construction doesn't need to be 1 brick thin... there's (...) (18 years ago, 2-May-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) Thanks, email sent! (...) That's true (mosaic can be more than 1 brick deep). And judging from your picture, SNOT comes very natural to you! :) Being mostly a castle builder myself, I just don't have very much experience with SNOT... Example 3 (...) (18 years ago, 2-May-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic)

  Re: Red lady mosaic

(...) For anyone who wonders how it turned out: (URL) (18 years ago, 4-May-06, to lugnet.build.mosaic, FTX)