 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3326
New Moc: Kestrel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 02:07:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all,

I have been very busy as of late. What with buying a house, moving in, and
preparing for the arrival of our first child (she is due May 6, btw), I haven’t
had much time for building.

The pimp my Mech contest got me all up in arms to use the color I have the least
of, Orange! After some fits and starts, I came up with my latest mecha, the
Kestrel.

Deep Link: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1743012

   The Kestrel is a light Mech weighing in at 30 tons. Produced by Clan Ice
Hellion, the Kestrel was designed to fill the role of heavy recon. When the
enemy is found, it will draw as many of  them back towards friendly lines as
possible by harassing them from long range with the ER large lasers it carries.
The Kestrel has the maximum armor for its weight class, is very fast, and has a
nasty bite for something so small.

   As per usual, the stats here are expressed in terms of Battletech.

Type/Model:        Kestrel
Tech:              Clan / 3067

Mass:                   30 tons
Chassis:                Endo Steel
Power Plant:         240 Clan Type XXL Fusion
Walking Speed:    86.4 km/h
Maximum Speed:         129.6 km/h
Jump Jets:             None
Jump Capacity:         0 meters
Armor Type:            Forging AM15 Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE Ferro-Fibrous
Armor points: 105

Armament:
  2 ER Large Lasers
  2 Machine Guns