 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3298
3297  |  3299
Subject:
Red Sun Cruiser Mini-Model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 05:32:57 GMT

I actually built this model a few weeks ago, as with the other MOCs that I’m going to post after this, but I’ve just *finally* gotten posting confirmation after two weeks of waiting... Enough with the rant! :-)

The Red Sun is a mini-model with no particular inspiration from any sci-fi stories, except for possibly a bit of Venator/Star Destroyer reflected in the bridge.

Speaking of which, I had a horrible time figuring out how to attach the bridge - I decide right away that the town binoculars were definately not suited for the purpose, but for *some* reason, Lego didn’t give the SW binoculars a stud connection. I finally settled on using one of the lever pieces stuck through the middle, and it actually turned out well.

This model makes heavy use of SNOT techniques - admittedly, a first for me:

---- BS: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=175122

MOCPages: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/16103