 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2895

Subject:
A goat. Sometimes I'm close to despair.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:21:08 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello!

When I got my first Viking the first vague thought looking at those horns was something like “....goat....”. So I built one. I quickly made several designs for the goat’s head and for its body.Then I faced the problem: Hot to attache the head to the body? I wanted it angled at - possibly - 45 degrees. And I learned: That’s not too easy with LEGO elements. At least not if the creation is too small to stand regular hinges. Even creative hinges (hinges that are not made with *hinges* but with other elements) turned out to be too big. What we need (well, what I need) are hinges with 1×1 bases.

I was close to despair, I even considered rasping some parts.... But no, I didn’t rasp anything. (I repeat it: I did not rasp anything!) Finally, in my last attempt, I simply tucked the head on a 1×1 plate with horizontal clip. It doesn’t clamp too firmly, but it works, somehow.

Click me, I’m a link! Click me, I’m a link!

It’s still too big, though...

Bye
Jojo

My Homestead

Re: A goat. Sometimes I'm close to despair.