 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2849
  MOC Chess Set

Hey legohaulics! One of my cooler MOCs--my chess set. The pieces were designed and built by me... and NO MINIFIGS! There's so many minifig chess sets out there--it's getting very old. Here's a change. Brickshelf thread is-- (2 URLs) Note that the (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: MOC Chess Set

(...) Not too critical - OK, I'll start with a minor criticisim that the pieces seem to big for easy play with the board, but I haven't played it so I wouldn't know for sure. Other than that, this is the nicest Lego chess set I have ever seen, and I (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MOC Chess Set

(...) I like the chess set as well, but I share Matt's concern. Onsolution would be to magnatize the pieces and board. I'd put a very small, but strong, magnet under each tile (URL). And the same or a slightly larger magnet in each peice (URL) or (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: MOC Chess Set

(...) I'm very curious about these magnets. Have you tried them? How tight is the fit into the tubes? Also, do the 2x2 tiles sit properly with the small magnets underneath? I'm thinking about using these magnets for my copy of the Cathedral board (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  LEGO magnets Re: MOC Chess Set

(...) I picked up some samples of these after posting my message. These are a perfect fit. The smaller magnet fits under tiles and plates with no problem, as it's just a bit shorter then a stud. And the diameter for these is a perfect fit for the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  LEGO magnets Re: MOC Chess Set

(...) I picked up some samples of these after posting my message. These are a perfect fit. The smaller magnet fits under tiles and plates with no problem, as it’s just a bit shorter then a stud. And the diameter for these is a perfect fit for the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.parts, FTX)

  Re: MOC Chess Set

(...) There's also the potential of using Lego's magnets-- not the usual ones that fit on a 2x2 modified plate, but the ones that Lego uses for their kitchen magnet sets (like (URL) These have little magnets that fit snugly inside the tubes, and are (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jul-05, to lugnet.build)