 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2515

New MOC: MH Zephyr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:58:30 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Enjoy!

Soren

Re: New MOC: MH Zephyr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 03:59:41 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Soren Roberts wrote:
Enjoy!

That's really nice. I particularly like the feet and hands.
Can we see a close-up of one of those hands?

-- Dan Efran

Re: New MOC: MH Zephyr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 05:18:23 GMT

   Enjoy!

Soren

Wow Soren what a magnificent piece of ....

Very knightly looking. I must say I prefer the accessories in this order,
Standard (not seen very often, so I like it muchily. Pity couldn’t get bigger, longer lengths of fabric, to match the pattern on the shield for example) Sword. (non energy) Seriously, this is probably the best looking sword I’ve seen.
Endergy baton/sword/stick. Eh, drop it. I don’t think it does much for this creation. The blue stands out a too much in the wrong way, and it’s just too small. Especially when you place it there with that sword and standard... drop it, save it for another mech.

My only other critique is the upper arms, they seem really quite small. But then the shoulders compensate nicely. (since it looks as if they almost completely envelop the upper arms.
Color is as always, a masterful Soren mix. Combined, cohesive and just plain nice to look at.
Question for ya: That gearbox at the lower back functioning? Do you get any interesting poses out of manipulation of the gearbox. Especially since it’s set in there at an angle?

Thanks Soren.

Mark Neumann

Re: New MOC: MH Zephyr
In lugnet.announce.moc, Soren Roberts wrote:

Enjoy!

Soren

that thing is sweet, soren! i always enjoy seeing your new moc’s. is this another fss mecha? i remember someone once mentioning that bionicle torso’s were not very useful as mecha torsos using brick. apparently that person was mistaken. i’m also glad that you chose not only to use it, but to obscure most of it (bionicle and brick do not mix aesthetically,imo). my favorite part of your mecha, believe it or not, is the pelvis (strange, huh?) the white part and upper legs have a natural look to them. i also like how the lower legs, feet, and upper legs sort of flow together. there’s really nothing i dislike about this creation. it’s another successful example of your creativity and ingenuity.

jason

Re: New MOC: MH Zephyr
In lugnet.announce.moc, Soren Roberts wrote:

Enjoy!

Soren

I did enjoy it...but is it some kind of instructional or managerial mech? I’m assuming that thing in its right hand is a laser pointer of some kind, because it looks far too sissified to be a Robertsian weapon. Perhaps you should have posed him in front of a PowerPoint display, or some kind of sales graph. Those armored shoulder spikes are rockin’ though....don’t mess with Mr. Zephyr, king of battle...er...the sales department. I realize that Mr. Zephyr comes with a variety of weapons packages; I just couldn’t resist the laser-pointer thing. Maybe he taunts his enemies by pointing out their deficiencies before cleaving them. I thought the mono-tooth, and the shape of the cranium in general were especially arousing.

-Keith

Re: New MOC: MH Zephyr