 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2507
2506  |  2508
Subject:
Space Shuttle for Lego Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 03:40:51 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi everyone. This is my first post. And it's for my first Lego Digital Designer
model - the Space Shuttle. 2005 is the year of "Return to Flight".
I have entered this model in the Lego Factory competition (week 10).

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ibby002/Return-To-Flight/returntoflight.jpg>>
<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ibby002/Return-To-Flight>>

I used some NASA pictures to make it as realistic as possible. It was a
frustrating build using LDD. In real life Lego, the shuttle main engines can be
angled, but not in LDD. In real life, the shuttle should sit nicely in the
crawler supports. But again, doesn't seem possible in LDD. And on the launch
tower, the black columns at the corners of each level can be built to rest into
the small round depressions on the underside of the plate above. But LDD won't
let me put them that close together. Oh well. It's quite nice to have software
like this and be able to share designs.

I really enjoy seeing all the wonderful creations people post here and at
Brickshelf and Lego. So much better than my pre-internet childhood Lego days!