 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2397
2396  |  2398
Subject:
Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:42:10 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07 - 1x3 Base Plate - Little Dark Grey Bot Repair Facility - The light transport Hover Fish and SV3 wheeled vehicle supply the Little Bot Bay with new parts and electronics.

Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07

Hey gang, I’m back and back strong with my latest Moonbase Module. Mech Bay 07. This Moonbase was the product of lots of basic Red Brick. I worked on the construction for about 2 hours a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

6 weeks to build.

The Facility consists of a Main Repair Bay in the center of the base and two vehicle supply docks at either side:

The Hover Fish Dock, for small equipment and supplies.

...and the Support Vehicle 3; SV3 wheeled vehicle, for Bot arms, legs and other components.

The Hover Fish, light runabout, ferries parts and small electronics packages to and from the base. I really like the compact design and it took some carefull building to come up with a design that gelled.

The SV3, wheeled vehicle has 4 wheel steering and a cab crew of two. A support duty crew of 4 rides in the back to help stow Bot parts when called to action.

A pair of upper manipulator arms repair and tend to the top portion of the Little Bot.

While a pair of lower manipulator arms repair and tend to the lower portion the Little Bot.

A pair of service cranes sit high above the two vehicle docks to unload and swing parts up to the main over head crane’s service pass through platform.

A crew compliment of 50+ Mini-figs keep the facility brimming with activity. Although, I did not have a chance yet to fully detail the upper floors and rear section of the main gantry building, this is something I plan to do casually over the next few weeks.

The Module has 3 corridor connections. One East, one West and one North.

I enjoyed the building process. I worked hard and looked forward to the day when I could share it with all of you here on LUGNET.

PLMKWYT! It’s fun like that!

Moonbase Module - Mech Bay 07

Eric Sophie

LUGNET Member #1051