 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2330
2329  |  2331
Subject:
New Moc - Stained Glass Window Mosaic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.build.mosaic
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:58:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello all,

A long while back, I was talking to an AFOL about mosaics and he said he had wanted to create one in transparent bricks. I thought, “gee that would be cool”, but I don’t own *that* many trans bricks.

Then magically, I ended up with a pile of Trans pink 1 x 2, I got to thinking about creating a stained window to use them up. So I pinched his idea and ran with it.

Well apparently I got addicted, and that one panel (the Iris) has become a 6 panelled window (although eventually when *truly* completed it will be 15 panels). The representation of the provincial flowers are simple due to limitation in size and brick selection, yet the effect is fairly convincing.

The first two panels (Iris & Pansy) were displayed at BrickFest DC 2004, and these 6 panels will be displayed at the Toronto Hobby Show 2004. Over time, I am sure the panels will be reworked to some degree, and eventually I will post all 15 panels, but until then, I thought I would share my progress. Closer look on my site, or my BS folder.

Cheers,

Janey “Red Brick”