 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2067
2066  |  2068
Subject:
HoverByX; Civ MOC contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:48:05 GMT

I made these hoverbikes from the Xpod sets, thus the name ‘HoverByX’.

red02 red03 red04

yellow02 yellow03 yellow04

The red & yellow sporty ones are my personal favorites. The yellow one was made first just to see if i could make a minifig scale vehicle from an Xpod set. Then, I figured the red set had lots of cool wings & hinges too, so that should make for a good bike. Then I figured I make HoverByX from all 4 sets.

green02 green03

I like the utilitarian look & SNOT/SCHLEIM on the green bike. It reminds me of a tractor or small utility vehicle(since it’s green, it could be John Deere, or as hoverbikes in the StarWars universe, J’on Diir :) ).

blue02 blue03

I’m not too hot on the blue one, but included it to complete the Xpod collection & to show the SNOT/SCHLEIM with the brackets, wheels, & click-hinges. I was happily surprised at how compact all the pieces fit, and the click-hinges finish off the back sidewalls (like gray doors, but unnecessary to open). If I had to think of a function as with the other 3 HoverByX, I’d say it was very utilitarian, maybe a tiny welder/cutter hover pod for fixing structures in relatively tight spaces.

Enjoy

Jeff