 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1843
1842  |  1844
Subject:
New MOC - Poster of my favorite band
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:48:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi to all LEGO Fans!

I am glad I can present my latest MOC now, since I have been less active in the hobby than usual for this year so far... In fact this MOC is something very special to me: I have not only convinced my wife Jessica to build an entry for the ISCC III, now she has been co working on this MOC as well and has influenced its overall desing very strong (but still it was me to work out building “tricks” like SNOTted shapes and letters - she has not the patience for things like that....).

Another point why this has been a very special project to me is the following:

This new MOC is done after artwork of my (and Jessica’s) favorite German band FINK (from Hamburg - in German a “Fink” is a small birdy as common as sparrows, still the meaning of fink in English language is known to us and the band of course...). We both have been at at least 7 live concerts so far and we would never miss any possibility to see these great musicians. (Though I myself missed a concert in February while being at BrickFest).

So we started to make up a wall “poster” out of LEGO® bricks after a scan of a FINK sticker sheet which came with one of their latest CDs.

I feared this LEGO creation could become an unpublished one due to copyright issues.

Then I sent a few sneak peak pictures to the bands contact e-mail. At that point the letters had only been done in ML-CAD (Yeah - my first MOC ever designed in CAD instead of real bricks).

And I was very astonished, when I got a reply within less than 24 hours in which the lead singer gave us great feedback on our work. He really showed interest in the LEGO thing and he gave us permission to use any of the bands logos and letters for any kind of private use!

Now a gallery with some detail shots (demonstrating some of the SNOTtery-work) and an overall view on this poster (of ca. 60x80cm) is uploaded at www.Brickshelf.com. You can find it under this link.

To learn more about FINK, click on this link: www.finkmusik.de.

Leg Godt!

my Homepage: