 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1725
New MOC: 1:18 scale BMW M5 Sedan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 02:41:54 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Ever since winning a pen at Brickswest two years ago, I’ve wanted to use the round segments in a MOC. Last semester, I finally got around to Brasso-ing off the letters. I also found a bunch of pictures of BMWs, the perfect car for a bunch of round headlights. This past week, I finally had enough free time to sit down and build. Here’s the result:

BMW M5

The car is a 1995-1997 BMW E34 series M5. The fenders are 14 studs wide, while most of the rest of the body is 13 studs. The scale is approximately 1:18 in length and height. A little bit of extra width helps the car look powerful. I used a bunch of offsets to get the front to taper a bit.

Below are links for the wheel construction and the 0.7 stud offset used along the sides at the bottom to round it off a bit.

Please let me know what you think! Comments, criticisms, questions, flames, etc encouraged,
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org

Re: New MOC: 1:18 scale BMW M5 Sedan