 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1712
  P-51D Mustang with red cowling

Hi Inspired by two excellent P-51D Mustangs recently published here and on Brickshelf by Douglas R. Clark and David Thomas Jr, I have rushed to complete my own version of this famous and beautiful aircraft. You can see the first CAD-renderings here. (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.modelteam) !!

  Re: P-51D Mustang with red cowling

(...) Great looking model, Mattias! It's been nice to see a flurry of activity in .military lately. (...) This is a truly elegant solution! I spent much of my time this weekend starting (and finishing!) an Me BF-109, and I had the same goal - to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: P-51D Mustang with red cowling

(...) Thanks Shaun I am most happy to influence your model of the Bf 109. I am really looking forward to see this new model of yours and to learn how you have solved the problem with the canopy and other tricky parts. Maybe I should arm my Mustangs (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: P-51D Mustang with red cowling

(...) Wow, that is a really good MOC. I think it is really interesting how both of our attempts take such different approaches & compromises to modeling the P-51 and yet both pull it off quite well. I cannot wait to see the photos. It would be cool (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)