 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1061
New MOC: 1913 Dan Patch Electric Lines GE Boxcab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 17:40:04 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Greetings,
I've always been somewhat intimidated by the great 8-wide locomotives fellow
GMLTC members John Gerlach, Dan Siskind, and John Neal have created.
After spending much of last weekend surrounded by the real thing
(see http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=19871 G.M.L.T.C. to display at "Day
Out With Thomas™" event, still running through Sunday, May 4th)
I was inspired to try modelling the historic 1913 Dan Patch Electric Lines
100 GE Gas-Electric powered Boxcab.

I'm really pleased with the results and plan to try recreating more of the
equipment at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse.
http://www.mtmuseum.org/index.html?body=jsr/roster/

If only LEGO made all the parts I needed to make it in the new Dark Blue  :)
I need to try now to print up some color decals to match the real thing.

While you are there, check out my other two new train MOCs:
Fairmont Track Inspection Car
2 level open air automobile carrier with load of five 6-wide sedans

PLMKWYT, Thanks!
--
Bill
(TooMuchDew)