 Announcements / 674
673  |  675
Subject:
Brickset now a .com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 07:51:15 GMT

I am pleased to announce that Brickset, the popular LEGO set database, is
now available at  http://www.brickset.com

The www.brickset.co.uk address will also remain for the time being, but
please update your bookmarks.

There are three supported entry points to the site:

The home page:
http://www.brickset.com

Set search:
http://www.brickset.com/search.asp?set=xyz

where xyz can be a set number, a range of numbers or all or part of a theme,
subtheme or set name.

e.g

http://www.brickset.com/search.asp?set=6876
http://www.brickset.com/search.asp?set=6800-6899
http://www.brickset.com/search.asp?set=Blacktron
http://www.brickset.com/search.asp?set=Alienator

Set view:
http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?set=xyz

where xyz is the set number and varant number, used to distinguish between
sets with the same number. This is usually the same as the lugnet.com
variant number and will be 1 if there is only one set with that set number.

e.g.

http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?set=6876-1         (show the Blacktron
Alienator)
http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?set=6600-1         (show the 1981 Police
Patrol set)
http://www.brickset.com/view.asp?set=6600-2         (show the 2000 Highway
Construction set)

The latter form is useful for linking to Brickset from auction listings.

[Technical note: At present brickset.com is merely a URL redirector to the
site's usual location. When I have found a reasonably priced NT virtual
server hosting package I will move it]

Huw
Founder and administrator, Brickset.