 Announcements / 3712
3711  |  3713
Subject:
AFOL History Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:36:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

At the behest of CSF members I have sought to create a repository of events in
which I had a few minutes to burn tonight and so I whipped up something quickly.

http://jainsguide.com/history

On this page you can view and add events from the past, I have added a few to
start out with.

To facilitate the use of the data by the community at large, I have made
available the following methods of accessing and copying the data from the
database.

    * Atom Feed @ http://jainsguide.com/history/atom
    * RSS Feed @ http://jainsguide.com/history/rss
    * XML Feed @ http://jainsguide.com/history/xml
    * JSON Feed @ http://jainsguide.com/history/json

By default the feeds return results for the current day only (i.e. everything
that happened today in history). To modify this you can add a parameter to the
string named duration. Duration supports week, month, and all as values. For
example:

To get an atom feed with all the entries in the database:

http://www.jainsguide.com/history/atom/duration/all/

To get an xml blob with all the entries for this month:

http://www.jainsguide.com/history/xml/duration/month/

This is an open system that allows free use of the information contained in the
database under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States
License. Please feel free to use the data as you like. You can add it to your
web site, your feed reader, etc...

Please consider taking the time to contribute and grow this resource.

Peace!
-Jason