 Announcements / 3711
3710  |  3712
Subject:
New license for the LDraw All-In-One installer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:37:14 GMT

Hi folks,

we’ve been granted all the permissions for the new All-In-One-Installer we’ve
sought and based on these permissions a new license scheme for the installer has
been chosen. The text for the new installer dialogs can be found at:

All-in-one-installer dialog 1 - http://www.ldraw.org/Article481.html
All-in-one-installer dialog 2 - http://www.ldraw.org/Article482.html

You will find out that "Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0
United States" http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/us/ has been chose
as license for the installer to meet the requirements of the granted
permissions. This should make sure that the software package as a whole can be
shared but not distributed through another website or say via a computer
magazine or dissembled with the aim to pack parts of the installer with other
programs.

If anyone has any queries or complaints about the license please respond to this
post.

w.
LDraw Administration Team