 Announcements / 3583
  New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

It's been a while since I last posted any of my models on lugnet, but I have been building quite a bit in recent months. I would like to present two of my most recent MOCs. The first is my F-117A Stealth fighter: (URL) has a retractable landing gear (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jul-07, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

(...) Ralph, Very nice, both of them. I was big into military aircraft in high school (so many years ago) and these brought back some good memories. One of these days, I'll get around to building some modern war-birds. What did you use for the glass (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jul-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

(...) Hi Jack, thanks. I'm glad you like them. Since your from St. Louis, I can imagine you liking my Hornet and Eagle as well. (URL) Anyway, the windows on both (actually the canopies on all of my aircraft) are made with transparent plastic, cut to (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

  Re: New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

(...) These are both fantastic models! I especially like the Stealth - I remember modeling those with the old Testor's model as a teen years ago. Your Lego version is beautiful - when the BrickShelf folder came up I had a hard time figuring out from (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

Ralph, Wow, love 'em both!:) (...) Very nice, your bomb bay and landing gear all look so neat! Do the rear whels rotate as they go in (otherwise how do they fit?) Great use of a variety of slopes and snot to get that unique look just right! (...) (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

(...) I spent a lot of time on getting the shape right, and reading this I guess I succeeded fairly nicely. I do think that the studs were a bit of a give-away as to what is the LEGO version. (...) Thanks. I appreciate it, Ralph (17 years ago, 26-Jul-07, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

(...) Thanks. (...) You've got a keen eye. Yes, they rotate through a full 180 degrees. It's not quite the way it works on the real aircraft, but indeed there simply wasn't any room otherwise. (...) Thanks. For some odd reason it doesn't always turn (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jul-07, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

(...) Wow. Those are just stunning. You've really raised the bar for aircraft MOCs. (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: New military aircraft: F-117A Stealth fighter and Su-27 Flanker

(...) Thank you. In recent years LEGO have made things a lot easier by introducing all kinds of convenient wedge shapes and suitable colours. The Flanker wouldn't look as good in old-fashioned blue and grey. Cheers, Ralph (17 years ago, 30-Jul-07, to lugnet.build.military)