 Announcements / 3413
3412  |  3414
Subject:
Ambassador Cycle 5 - Applications Open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:51:27 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

It’s been another great Ambassador session but its time for us to begin Cycle 5
of the program. This will be a new step for the program as Cycle five will be an
entire year instead of only six months to get the Ambassadors even more involved
and to have more time to work on longer projects.

What the Ambassadors achieved in the last cycle:
• The Ambassadors continued their various feedback and work in the development
process for new products, upcoming product lines and improving current and
future products (also quality issues)
• Received early info about several new products
• Given feedback to potential licensees
• became the “must go to” groups for many LEGO employees to get AFOL input
and way more that we can’t tell you about!

This session has been as different as every session so far has been. The
Ambassadors are establishing themselves more and more as the voice of the AFOL
community within the LEGO Group and our colleagues want to get feedback from
them about what they think about new products. So the understanding for and the
cooperation with the AFOL community inside the LEGO Group is significant
improving through the work of the Ambassador group.

They are creating great excitement within the company as well concerning what
things are possible when working with AFOLs.

The folks in Cycle 4 have done a great job.

Again, thanks very much to the fourth cycle Ambassadors. You’ve done great
things in the last months of your cycle and we’re glad to have worked with you.

But seeing as the fourth cycle is coming to a close, it’s time to open up the
application process again. We’ll be accepting applications from January 29th
through February 11th and will announce the new cycle of Ambassadors at the
beginning of March. So please send you application mail to
AmbassadorProgram@LEGO.com. If you’ve applied in the past but not been accepted,
you’ll need to send your application email again (hopefully updated with your
latest activities).

To those who will be chosen as Ambassadors for the next cycle we can promise
that they will face big challenges but also will be big opportunities to bring
the word of the community into the LEGO Group.

There will be the possibility to submit new ideas along with the mood and
feeling of the community directly to the LEGO Group.  This will help the LEGO
Group get a better understanding for how we will develop products as well as how
we will work with the AFOL Community in the Future.

We will also establish:
- a quarterly newsletter written by the Ambassador group for the AFOL community and the LEGO Group
- a process to provide more regularly feedback to products and other issues
- a test building concept
and other important things to make the program even better.

So face the challenge and take the opportunity to make a difference!

Regarding the application:
You will need submit a written application with all of the information you think
is necessary to give us the best picture of what you do in the AFOL community
online and offline.  The application should explain why you think we should
choose you to be an Ambassador and to speak for the whole AFOL community.
So be creative and informative.

We are looking forward to seeing a ton of applications in our inbox!

Steve and Jan
LEGO Community Team