 Announcements / 3346
3345  |  3347
Subject:
NALUG Royal Alberta Museum display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:58:07 GMT

The year 2005 was the centennial for the province of Alberta. So, members of
NALUG built several historic structures from the local Edmonton area, to
display at the 2005 Great Edmonton Train Show. That show, and the structures,
can be seen on our show page at:

     http://www.nalug.org/TrainShow2005/index.html

Some members that have been to LegoLand say that some of our stuff is better
than the official Lego structures. Personally, I have no idea - you should all
judge for yourselves. Models on display will include the High Level bridge
(over 20 feet long, accompanied by the Light Rail Transit bridge and
river-valley scenery), the Alberta Legislature (7 foot by 10 foot, and about 4
foot high - in highly detailed tan and grey), the Hotel Macdonald (one of
Canada's older hotels, in detailed grey), the old Misericordia and Edmonton
General hospitals, Saint Joseph's college on the university campus, the
original Rossdale power plant, and a very large interior detailed model of the
current Enbridge building from downtown Edmonton.

We put a large amount of effort and pieces into these models, and we wanted to
use them more than just the one time. So, we have managed to get invited to
display the models in the Royal Alberta Museum here in Edmonton. The traveling
Lego "Under the Sea" display is at the museum now, and will be there while our
models are on display as well. The Lego display is on the main floor, and ours
will be on the second floor in a special gallery.

Our display runs from December 9 2006 to January 2 2007. The museum hours are
10 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., most days.

So, folks from all over are invited to come to Edmonton to view the display.
Let us know if you plan to visit, so we can setup get-togethers as desired. You
can post to lugnet.org.ca.nalug or email to legotrains@graysage.com .

Thanks, and hope to see some visitors,

-Chris Gray