 Announcements / 3345
3344  |  3346
Subject:
LEGO Set/Parts History CD will be Shipped (late) Next Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:26:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Sorry for the my lateness in getting this out, but the LEGO CD will not be
shipped until next Friday (November 23).  I had a few unexpected things happen,
but all of them are positive....

1) my long time Lego collector friend Kurt Richter of Memmingen Germany slowed
me down a little bit.  He sent me over 40 historic Lego pics that I had never
seen before.  I now have scans of some 1950's and 1960's European retailer
catalogs (not the ones for circulation to the public).  This includes wonderful
pictures of display racks and old set boxes.

2) partly due to all the extra pictures I received, I had to reconstruct the 44
page Chapter 27 (1966-79 Lego Spare Parks Packs).  Since there are 9 variations
to the spare parts packs of this era, it needed to be reorganized.  That took me
4 days...
Heres how the old chapter was designed:

27.0  LEGO SPARE PARTS PACKS (1966-79).
27.1  Spare Parts Packs (1966-73).
27.2  Spare Parts Packs (1973-79).

And here's the new chapter.... (it didn't make sense to put 9 different box
types all under one heading):

27.0  LEGO SPARE PARTS PACKS (1966-79).
27.1   Continental Europe Spare Parts Packs (1966-69).
27.2   Continental Europe Spare Parts Packs (1969-72).
27.3   Britain/Australia Spare Parts Packs (1966-72).
27.4   USA Spare Parts Packs (1966-72).
27.5   Canada Spare Parts Packs (1966-68).
27.6   Canada Spare Parts Packs (1969-73).
27.7   Spare Parts Packs (1973-79).

3) With so many additional pictures, only a fraction of them will make it to the
LEGO CD itself.  The others will be added to the "freebie" extras CD that all
the pre-order folks are getting.  Originally there were going to be 30 pictures
on this special CD.  But now it looks like there will be more like 50-70
pictures.  A lot of 1950's and 1960's corporate pictures, display models, toy
fair displays, etc.

4) The special "antique finish" LEGO CD for AFOLs will have "Adult Fan of LEGO
Edition" printed on the CD itself.  This edition will be limited to a worldwide
total of 160 copies.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some of these on EBAY at
some point in the future. :-D  Interestingly enough, these special CDs are 3
times as expensive to produce as are the regulare color CDs going on sale in
Amazon.com in December.

_____________________________

So thanks for being patient.  The extra 40 or so freebie pics will be my "THANK
YOU" for waiting.

Also, I have 142 of the 160 CD's spoken for so far.  That means that there are
18 of these limited edition CDs still available for AFOLs.  If any additional
folks want one just EMAIL me (soon!) at:  istokg@earthlink.net

Thanks for your patience.

Gary Istok

P.S. Some chapters will have sets that have never been seen before on
Lugnet/Peeron/Bricklink.  And the chapter on wooden box sets will have the
majority of sets/pictures that have never been seen by you folks before!  :)