 Announcements / 3254
  Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

This is the response Consumer Services is giving in response to today’s announcement: “LEGO Group to outsource major parts of its production to Flextronics” Thank you for letting us respond to you regarding our recent announcement about changes in (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) Thanks for the statement Steve. I heard that TLG has a policy of re-training employees that are going to be laid off, is that happening in this situation? The idea being that they can get a better job that the one they lost. Also, can you give (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) I believe the code of conduct is available on the web somewhere. I seem to remember a link being posted on Lugnet ages ago too (although how much ages I couldn't say). Tim (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) Google is our friend: (URL) ICTI Code of Business Practices> I can only assume that this is the Code Steve is referring to. Mark (18 years ago, 20-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) I thought the Code was something internal to LEGO. That the foreign factories will have to meet both the ICTI Code and an internal Code. -Lenny (18 years ago, 21-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) It should be more than that. Something in the lines of this one: (URL) (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) I will check into what the answer is to this question. I don't know all of the details on this so I will find the answers for you. Thanks guys. Steve (18 years ago, 22-Jun-06, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) Mexico is a country where people working an assembly line, such as many "maquiladoras" found in the Northern States that border the US, make about the hourly wage of a person in the States (in a similar position), but in a day. So instead of (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) Ultimately, no matter where TLC decides to manufacture its product, its up to TLC as to who they hire and what code of conduct they enforce on their plants and workers. They can enforce their quality standards on even the cheapest workers. (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Addressing concerns about Outsourcing LEGO Production

(...) Jonathan, I dont know what kind of experience you have working abroad. I worked for them for 3 years in Mexico, and it was not until an American Manager was sent down to get things fixed, after firing 75% of the "work" force (in my (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.lego)