 Announcements / 3242
3241  |  3243
Subject:
My Legoland competition MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:18:35 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I was a finalist in Legoland Model Builder contest held two weeks ago. To
prepare for the regional and final contests I gathered twenty some-odd pounds of
bricks and plates and tried to build some sculptures. As a math teacher/math
geek I sort of got caught up in the subtle mathematics of the bricks and
discovered some new techniques that I ended up using in the contest. (I'm not
100% sure they're new techniques; its just that I wasn't able to find any other
references to them on the Net.)

The pirate Sponge Bob model utilizes two snot techniques only with bricks.
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/18438>

The sphere model is based on a hexagonal base (not really snot)
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/18431>

The Rubik's cube (non-working) made from only bricks and plates (and tiles for
the outside)
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/18379>

LMKWYT

Arthur

(On other note: At the urging from friends and some AFOLS, I've written an essay
about my experiences during the Legoland model builder contest. I hope to post
it soon as I am awaiting some critcal feedback from some friends and colleagues)