 Announcements / 2802
MOC: F44-03; alternate jet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:39:35 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This time another alternate model of the 4403 set:

This F44-03 is inspired by the F-14 and the idea of the jet in the official 4403 building instructions. The wings are linked and can be folded or unfolded by pulling or pushing the grey slopes on the back. The landinggear is retractable and the wheels are also linked to eachother.

Once moderated click here for more pics.

Cheers

Nathanael

Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic

Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:32:46 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   This time another alternate model of the 4403 set:

That was done JUST with 4403 parts? Rockin! Designer sets rock and that’s one of my faves. You’ve packed an amazing amount of detail into that build and it does look like a variant on the real F all right. (although red paint would play havoc with cammo, it would certainly put the fear into opposing pilots)

   Once moderated click here for more pics.

I can hardly wait, I want to see how the wing sweep mechanism works, I didn’t quite follow what you meant about pushing on the gray slopes. I expect the pics will clear it up, though.

Spotlighted! Thanks for sharing.

Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet
lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:33:39 GMT
(canceled)

Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet
lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:29:00 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   This time another alternate model of the 4403 set:

This F44-03 is inspired by the F-14 and the idea of the jet in the official 4403 building instructions. The wings are linked and can be folded or unfolded by pulling or pushing the grey slopes on the back. The landinggear is retractable and the wheels are also linked to eachother.

Once moderated click here for more pics.

Cheers

Nathanael

That’s awesome! Once again you’ve created another brilliant alternate MOC from a designer set. I’m running out of complimentary adjectives to use. Simply amazing! Please keep building and sharing these with us. I love the operational details for the wings and the landing gear. What a great touch! -- not to mention how amazing it is that you can work in operational details while keeping the jet looking great and keeping to the limited parts assortment from one 4403 set. You even included internal cockpit details.

Well, I guess it wouldn’t be a normal post from me on one of your alternate MOCs if I didn’t follow up my praise and astonishment with a humble request for instructions some day if you have time. Once again, I’d love to be able to recreate this myself. If TLC had any sense they’d commission you to make instructions for these things and post them on their web site. They’d be great additional insentive(1) for people to buy designer sets.

Great job! -Paul D’Urbano

(1) As opposed to this ridiculousness :-)

Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet
That was done JUST with 4403 parts? Rockin! Designer sets rock and that’s one of my faves. You’ve packed an amazing amount of detail into that build and it does look like a variant on the real F all right. (although red paint would play havoc with cammo, it would certainly put the fear into opposing pilots)

If people have this kind of reaction that they find it hard to believe it’s made from one set only than I have succeeded the mission. Yeah I know red isn’t very appropriate for the real flying machines, but for a toy I think it will do okay.

   I can hardly wait, I want to see how the wing sweep mechanism works, I didn’t quite follow what you meant about pushing on the gray slopes. I expect the pics will clear it up, though.

Hope you get a better idea of the wings with the pics although they don’t show the real mechanism. That’s something for your imagination ;-)

   Spotlighted! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for spotlighting and you’re very welcome. Let’s hope it inspires people.

Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet
lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:03:31 GMT

In lugnet.build, Paul S. D’Urbano wrote:

[...]

Thanks Paul for your very kind words (again). I do my best to get the best out of sets to inspire others hopefully. Perhaps I’m able to present instructions for this model too someday. If TLC would commission me then there will be instructions for sure! So if we can persuade TLC....;-)

P.s. the word ridiculousness comes from you. I would rather say weird :-P

Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet
lugnet.build, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Nathanael Kuipers wrote:
   This time another alternate model of the 4403 set:

This F44-03 is inspired by the F-14 and the idea of the jet in the official 4403 building instructions. The wings are linked and can be folded or unfolded by pulling or pushing the grey slopes on the back. The landinggear is retractable and the wheels are also linked to eachother.

Once moderated click here for more pics.

Cheers

Nathanael

As with all your models I’m always amazed how well these models look like, using only the parts from a single set.They look great, have a lot of details and often have some functionality in them which make them very attractive. Keep up the good work !

Sybrand

Re: MOC: F44-03; alternate jet
So what's the coolest MOC ever built using, say, a standard 4496 Creator
tub? :-)

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftware.DOT.com> wrote in
message news:I9qz6M.1Cxs@lugnet.com...